Why should businesses use Social Media?
Over 1,2 BILLION active users on Facebook and nearly 400 million on Twitter, it’s obvious that social media has the spotlight. You surely know it – it’s not at all starting to decrease soon. Why should businesses use social media in 2016 will provide you with some facts.
It’s the place individuals discover their news and stimulation. It’s the place customers go to discover stuff they want to buy, services of all kind. And a place to find the companies they are looking for. It’s the place clients share their experiences. It’s the place the world merges and people connect with people.
To put it plainly, social media offers an immediate, streamlined way right to your targeted niche audience. It’s an open door you can’t afford to let it pass.
If you want to take Social Media "off your daily to-do-list" now!You’re backed by our 14-Day Risk-Free Guarantee!
The Benefits for your Brand
One strong reason to answer the question „Why should businesses use social media“ is the Leverage effect for your business. A few of the highly valuable opportunities are:
- Brand awareness
- Customer support
- Reputation management
- Lead generation
- Community involvement
- Product launch and promotion
- Polling and feedback
- Consumer engagement
- Strategic alliances
- Expertise building
- News and content distribution
- Public relations
Still not convinced? Take a look at some of the most current statistics about the top social media sites. We think you’ll agree that these facts are pretty compelling:
- Social media sites and blogs reach 90% of all active U.S. internet users. (That means your clients and customers are definitely there.)
- 70% of marketers have implemented a social media strategy, or will in the next year. (That means your competition is probably already there too!)
- 63% of marketers are either vaguely aware or not aware what is being said about their companies online. (Do you know your company’s online reputation?)
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are now considered cornerstones of most social-media strategies in larger companies.
- More than 1 billion active users
- Over 60% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- Average user is connected to 80 pages
- 65% of consumers said they are more likely to recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook.
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- 95% of Facebook Timeline posts and comments are not answered by brands. (This represents a huge opportunity for your brand to stand out!)
- There are currently more than 400 million Twitter users
- The number of Twitter users increases by 300,000 per day
- 54% percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter. 30% have closed deals using Twitter (Have you?)
- Twitter gets more than 3 billion requests per day, generated by more than 250 million unique visitors.
- Twitter users send approximately 200 million tweets per day
- Twitter’s search engine gets 800 million queries per day
The Bottom Line
Social media: It’s simple, accessible, affordable, scalable, and effective – everything a business could possibly want in a marketing solution.
But it is time consuming. Often Companies have to employ a complete Social Media Task-force. Paying a bunch of employees solely for keeping their social media platforms and strategy up-to-date.