Ways to Drive Traffic to your Website
“How to Website Traffic” – Guide
Putting up your own website can be a fun and enriching activity for you. A website is not only used for self-expression, but also for your business or establishment. It can also be your training ground so you could learn something new, such as writing relevant and thought-provoking articles, programming, lay-outing of webpage, and designing your website. If you do not know how to start – Building your own Website or Blog: Read our Article here!
However, success in cyberspace takes more than knowing how to put up a website. In this ‘How to Website Traffic’-Guide, I will lead you through 28 powerful techniques to drive traffic to your website or blog. The knowledge on how to drive traffic to your website is one of the essential – basic skills you must have if you want to become successful with or on the internet. Part of the logic in putting up a website is to gain a wider readership and more potential clients.
There are a number of ways to drive traffic to your website and earn profit from your articles. This ‘How to Website Traffic’ – Guide will help you to implement them to your website.
- Use a variety of keywords. Most articles have keywords that are specific to a certain industry. You should also use keywords that are used by customers. Use jargon sparingly so that your readers will not be alienated. Use generic keywords especially if you are posting pictures. At the same time, use keywords consistently and post articles on the same topic. This way, you are conditioning Google to categorize your website and rank it properly.It is up to you if you have a local audience, but it would help if you have an international audience. This means a wider readership and more chances of getting your webpage to be read by a lot of people. Search for international keywords and also your search visibility from other countries. It would also help if you have translation for a certain language so you could cater to people who live abroad.
- Show your readers that you have authority as the author. Between a student writer for a blog and an expert who writes articles, readers would be more inclined to check out the posts of the expert. Popular names have a lot of followers. Tag your articles so that Google could see your name as the writer.
- Create engaging, entertaining, and relevant content. Customers are after your article. They would be expecting to see blog posts that have keywords related to your article and your business. To keep your readers hooked, inject humor and practical tips into your article. How-to articles are extremely popular in the Web. It would also help if you write funny articles. Back up your blog posts with research and figures. You should also know what kind of articles people want to read. Create polls too so you could determine what people want to see next in your website.It would also help to write in-depth articles and encourage your readers to interact with you. You could share other posts and your readers may comment on your blog posts. Create a healthy community that links you and your readers.
- Keep your website updated all the time – daily, if possible. This makes your readers excited because they have something new to read from you. Create new pages if there are pages going stale. Determine which content is relevant and should be on top of your webpage. Articles which are not relevant may either be deleted or be included in the footer link.
- Share videos and photos. These photos and videos add significance and information to your articles. They are especially useful in demonstrations and how-to articles. For example, if the article is about how to remove stains on fabric, then there must be accompanying pictures and videos (if possible). These tools will aid the readers in understanding what needs to be done.Some of the widgets that you could use to upload photos and videos are Vimeo, PhotoSnack, and Capzles. These tools are found in their respective websites. You have to create an account in these sites, download and install the tools, embed the videos and slideshows in your website by copying and pasting the direct link, and voila – you now have a striking website that would attract more readers and customers.
- Find out how Google ranks your website. You could easily track this by typing the keyword into the Google search. Use the results on the web page as your guide as to how you are going to edit your articles. Check out the pages that are high-ranking and see what makes their websites click.Another helpful possibility is a PageRank Checker, which Google uses to determine how relevant a webpage is. What you’ll get from the analysis: statistics of your Google page rank, domain and page authority, domain validity, global rank, Alexa reach rank, and your PR quality.
Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:
This page rank checking tool is powered by PRChecker.info service
- Determine user and reader satisfaction. Ask readers and visitors as to what they like to see on your webpage. Aside from asking for their comments and using polls, you can research the trends that show what satisfies readers of blogs. Identify what experts like, too. Create Polls on Facebook e.g..
- Improve the speed of your website. Visitors do not like sites that load slowly. Ask your programmer or IT consultant for faster Net speed. Be extra wary if you have a lot of multimedia in your site. To check your site’s speed, log on to Pingdom-Tools and enter the URL so you could test the load time of your web page. You can improve your sites speed by using less images and video on your Homepage. Ads and Social-Media plugins slow down your site as well (like the twitter-feed we use). So you have to decide what values higher for your customers. A Website-cache like SuperCache (Plugin) also can help to increase your speed.
- Make your website optimized for gadgets/mobile devices. Readers would appreciate it if they can download your webpage in smartphones, tablets, and in their PC.
No ‘How to Web Traffic’ – Guide should miss this part as it becomes more and more important. Visitors use a lot of gadgets, making your website optimized for them will definitely drive traffic to your web page.
- Use keyword tools to help you think of the right keywords for your articles. In case you have a hard time thinking of keywords on your own, these tools are integral sources of SEO-friendly tips. A good free tool is the Keyword Planner from Google “AdSense” an online keyword tool. If you really want to crack the code, you can use tools like Jaaxy. This tool not only shows you the relevance of your keyword. It immediately reveals the competition, the possibility to outrank other sites and a variety of good related keyword ideas you can target. If you actual work on a project you can try Jaaxy one of the best tools out there immediately:
- Add a sitemap for indexing. The sitemap is like an index in books. An example of an index is a WordPress plugin. This index helps visitors be redirected to your site and your linked sites. There is an online sitemap generator with several options for sitemap types, frequency and priority, sitemap limits, and URL meta tag detection. Just tick the options and encode the URL of your website. The generator will immediately create a sitemap for you.
- Share content more than once. This is the reason why there are various plugins, share buttons, and widgets available. Use these to share your content to different platforms on the Web. There are also higher chances of getting noticed by other netizens because your posts will appear in web pages more frequently. A good example is the Facebook timeline. A Facebook user who posts a lot of statuses in a day occupies a quarter of another user’s Facebook wall. The same thing happens in Google web pages. If you need a helping hand to get your converting Facebook Fanpage setup from Scratch – read our article: How to Create a Facebook-Page – Viral and Effective
- Ask other writers to write for you. A guest post is a good way to attract more readers. They will be excited to see who’s writing on your behalf. No pressure – it could be a teen blogger, but if you want to take things a higher notch, then you may invite famous bloggers and writers to cook up an article for you. They could even change the format of their guest posts – the options are limitless. From the conventional, inverted pyramid type articles, they could opt to write through the style of interviews. The name of famous authors/bloggers on posts of your page will be noticed by google and give your site even more authority for your niche!
Upcoming: How to Website Traffic – Secret Techniques!
Stay tuned for part II in the next few days ………….
Comments are welcome. Love to connect and exchange experience with you!